Ruffles Birthday Ideas
Party Like a Flamingo! Summer Themed Birthday Party
Looking for a unique theme for your little one’s birthday party? Want it colorful and fun? A flamingo is a perfect theme for you. Who doesn’t love these bright pink birds? It is a great theme for birthdays that fall during the warmer months. Here are some ideas on how to put together a great flamingo themed birthday party.
Flamingo party color combinations. For the girl who loves the color pink, they will definitely love this theme! Incorporate bright pinks, peaches, summer blues and greens together. It will give your party the warm and bright look that you are looking for. You can use these colors in the balloons you decorate with or the table cloth color covers you choose. You want your party to look bright and fun.
Flamingo blow-up floats. You don’t have to have a pool to have a flamingo blow-up float. You can use them throughout your party venue as décor. Kids will love not only the look of them but also play with them as well. They will give the whimsical retro flamingo look you are looking for. Plus, what is a flamingo party without some flamingos lounging around?
Pineapples please. Pineapples are a great décor item to add to this party theme. Not only are they a super yummy fruit, they are great to decorate with. Hallow out the pineapple and you can fill it with bright pink flowers. You can also make pineapple cupcakes. Use yellow cake mix with bright yellow swirl frosting. Add gold sprinkles and paper greenery for the stem.
Twinkle Little Star Birthday Party
If you are looking for some sparkle or even some “twinkle” for your little princess’s birthday, a Twinkle Little Star Party is the perfect theme. A beloved song
that is almost always on of the very first songs that children learn by heart
is a classic theme. Plus, if you are as glitter happy as we are, this is a perfect opportunity to go wild! Here are our tips on how to throw a most
1. Black, Gold and Pink - This color combination is very chic. Black
for the night, gold for the stars and pink for your little princess.
2. Sparkling Décor - Lots of glitter and lots of sparkle! Take
sparkle gold and pink paper stock and cut out stars to stream together as
garland. Use gold star helium balloons surrounded by pink and black balloons to add more fun décor. Feel free to incorporate white sparkle soft clouds pillow fluff to add throughout your party. Add white glitter to the fluff to give it
3. Star Food - You can use simple finger foods that are cut out as stars as a fun way to serve food to your guests. PB and Jelly star sandwiches are
yummy treats! Star watermelon slices are a delight too!
4. The perfect outfit - If you are looking for the most perfect outfit to go with your party theme, you must see our Krista Blush and Sequence Tulle Dress.
With gold sequence bodice and sweet pink ruffles around the waistline,
she will feel like a true star.
- Kim Omilusik
Our Favorite Birthday Activity Trends
Celebrating with cake and candy isn’t the only element that can make a fun and memorable birthday party. In today’s birthday parties, there is always a little extra element of fun that can be included. These are fun activities either done by the special birthday child or includes the whole party. What makes it so special, is that they are great moments to capture on film. Here are some of them:
Birthday Smash Cake. There is something so sweet about watching your child dig into a cake for the first time. The discovery of how it feels between their little fingers and its yummy taste. This is usually done on their 1st birthday. One cake to share with the guests and another for the birthday baby to dig right into! The messier the better!
Picasso party. Not only is this party wonderfully colorful, but watching your child stretch those creative muscles and create masterpieces. Give the kids canvases with stickers to put all over. Then watch them paint all over the canvas, removing the stickers to show beautiful shape cut outs. You can also do a fun painting element where they pop small balloons filled with paint on the canvas. These are pieces of art that you’ll love displaying after.
Paint fight! This is one fun birthday activity that not only everyone can participate in but make for an awesome photo shoot. Everyone dresses in white, have a large white sheet background and just get wonderfully colorful and messy. Paint everywhere! Have some large picture frames that your guests can hold up and look through to add a fun photo prop element.
- Kim Omilusik
MINNIE MOUSE PRINCESS BIRTHDAY PARTY
A Minnie Mouse Princess Party is just about the mist adorable birthday theme out there. There is something classic about this beloved character and adding a princess theme just makes it even more picturesque.
So how does one pull of such a delightful theme? It's a lot easier than you may think.
Here are some of our ideas that you can incorporate at your little ones Minnie Princess Party.
1. Pink, Black and Gold - These are the perfect color combinations for that perfect Minnie Princess Party. You can add balloons, table clothes or any other décor. Put pink roses in a small black mason jar with a gold bow to make your party colors really pop.
2. Minnie Mouse Silhouette - A Minnie Mouse silhouette is an absolute must to incorporate in your party. It is a décor staple! And it’s pretty easy to make! All you need is two small circles and one big circle. Make sure you add a pink bow on top to designate Minnie Mouse. Make this silhouette as placemats at the table or decorated on goodie bags. You can even use foam spheres to make really cute 3 dimensional Minnie Mouse centerpieces.
3. The perfect Minnie Mouse Outfit - We have so many great outfits for this theme in our Rufflesandbowties.boutique.
Check out our black onesie with a Minnie Mouse silhouette and pair it with our must-have gold ruffle tutu. Your little princess will love wearing our cute Minnie Mouse gold ears! A Flawless look for the perfect photo op on her big day!
- Kim Omilusik